Sunday, February 8, 2009

Join Me At Chappaqua Library

The latest developments in the on-going struggle over the riches in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) will be my topic this coming Wednesday, February 11, 7:30 PM at the Chappaqua Library, 195 South Greeley Street, Chappaqua, NY. I'll also be reading from Heart of Diamonds, my novel based on the Congo's endless strife, and displaying some of the photos I took in Central Africa while researching the book.

Since my last appearance (a well-attended program at the Scarsdale Library in early December), two foreign armies have marched onto Congolese soil and the already-dire situation has become even more dangerous for the civilian population. The region's fate is balanced on ever-shifting alliances and a teetering democracy.

Dave Donelson, author of Heart of Diamonds a about in the

No comments: