Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rape Ignored By Media For Ten Years

Terror rape in the Congo became widespread ten years ago, yet it is only recently that the worldwide media establishment has paid more attention to this crime against humanity than to the killing of gorillas in the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to Chouchou Namegabe, a radio journalist from Bukavu whose appearance on a panel in New York I wrote about recently. Her words resonate in this video of the event.



Women's eNews staff reporter Dominique Soguel moderated the event and published an account of it as well.

Dave Donelson, author of Heart of Diamonds a about in the

1 comment:

TheMalau said...

Congolese women are my heroes, and Chouchou among them. I often say that if Congolese men (myself included) do not stand-up and react to stop this sexual terrorism, we had better watch out for the wrath of Congolese women. They say Hell hath no fury... I would rather not experience that. This needs to stop.